If you talk to a man in a language he understands, that goes to his head. If you talk to him in his own language, that goes to his heart.
– Nelson Mandela
In this age of Technology and Globalization, having a good command over English Language has become more and more important. It is the most widely spoken and understood languages in the world. It is the official Language not only in India but in many other countries. It can also add value to your resume as nowadays all job positions require the candidates to possess good command over English and other interpersonal skills. Hence, we all want to improve our English Language skills and excel in our personal and professional life. But in order to improve, we have to get a good grip over English Grammar and Vocabulary.
The director, Renuka Singh, has been providing Spoken English Classes in Ahmedabad since 1996.Over the years, she has tested and perfected the successful teaching methodologies for teaching English as a Second Language (ESL).
Ahmedabad has emerged as an important economic and industrial hub in India. In 2010, Forbes magazine rated Ahmedabad as the fastest-growing city in India, and listed it as third fastest-growing in the world. It has a strong and large business community. In such a scenario you cannot do without having fluent English and good Communication and Interpersonal Skills which are important if you want to run a business.
The area where the students face most of the problem is when it comes to speaking fluent English. They are not able to create proper sentences using the rules of Grammar. They lack the confidence to speak and have poor vocabulary. Hence, the course is called Spoken English everywhere as primary focus in the course is given on the Speaking aspect. Students from various areas like naranpura, navrangpura, satelite, paldi, maninagar and also some very far off areas come over to attend our classes.
Basic English Learners
Basic English Learners have a poor comprehension of spoken and written English. They are unable to construct sentences and converse in English. They make plenty of errors in spellings.
We begin by teaching them how to construct simple short sentences, learn simple words daily and encourage them to read short stories and other light material. They are thoroughly drilled in grammar so as to teach them English sentence structures. Within a period of two to four weeks they are able to come up to the level of an Intermediate level.
Intermediate English Learners
Intermediate English Learners can comprehend spoken and written English well. They also have a certain level of fluency in spoken language too. However there may be individual differences in their knowledge of English and fluency. They are quick learners if their classroom learning sessions are supplemented with extra reading at home. Teaching of grammar helps then to understand English language structures and reduce errors in sentences. Regular revision of grammar throughout the course helps to strengthen their knowledge of English.
English Language course content:
- Oral and written drill of Grammar
- Functional and Remedial Grammar
- Conversation Practice
- Daily Vocabulary
- Reading skills
- Writing skills
- Extra sessions for very weak students after the class
Methods of Training
We adopt interactive and innovative methods of training. Plenty of practice in conversation is given to students in the form of roles plays, one to one interaction with teachers and group discussions to increase confidence and fluency. Extra sessions are there for weak students after class, so as to enable them to learn the language quickly.
Classroom sessions are held 2 hours daily, 6 days in a week. The course duration is of 3 months.
A Personality Development course covering a wide range of topics is offered to students of Spoken English. The following is an indicative list of topics:
- Grooming and Etiquettes
- Positive thinking
- Listening skills
- Conversation skills
- Stress management
- If you increase your English proficiency, you often will be able to get a new job, a better job or a promotion where you are working. Having English speaking clients is very attractive and often a necessity for millions of businesses worldwide. You may even get a higher salary or paid more hourly for speaking English fluently.
- If you are able to speak English proficiently, you will people able to communicate with more people. Be it where you live, at work, online or wherever you go. Being able to speak multiple languages often gives you more opportunities in life and work than just speaking one language.
- English is the language of science, of aviation, computers, diplomacy, and tourism. Knowing English increases your chances of getting a good job in a multinational company within your home country or of finding work abroad.
- Being fluent in a second language clearly demonstrates a powerful brain and reflects someone who has put in the huge amount of time, resources and commitment needed to master another language.
- English is also the language of the Internet. Many websites are written in English – you will be able to understand them and to take part in forums and discussions.
- Often if an employer (a business), is having trouble deciding between two potential job candidates; they often choose (or hire) the candidate that speaks proficient English rather than the one that does not.